Your professional may enforce a No-Show/Late-Cancelation Policy. This means that if you cancel within 24-hours of the appointment start time, or miss your appointment, your card will be charged a percentage of the service cost.
How it works
If your professional enforces a cancelation policy, you may be responsible for a fee if you cancel within 24-hours of the appointment or if you miss the appointment. The card used to book the appointment will be charged according to the following if your professional enforces a cancelation policy:
- Strict Policy: 50% late-cancel, 100% no-show
- Moderate Policy: 25% late-cancel, 50% no-show
Clients agree to the policy at the time of booking so they are responsible for the fee incurred in the event of a late-cancel or no-show. If your card does not have sufficient funds to cover the fee, your ability to book again may be compromised.
NOTE: Cancelation policies are set up by each individual professional, StyleSeat does not influence a professional’s decision to enforce a cancelation policy. All charges are collected directly by your professional.
How to locate your pro’s policy
- When your professional has a Cancelation Policy set-up it will be displayed on their booking page beneath their business hours.
- When you book an appointment within 24-hours of the start time, you will be notified in the booking flow prior to confirming the appointment that you will be responsible for a fee in the event that you cancel the appointment.
- If you attempt to cancel your appointment within the 24-hour window, you will be notified prior to confirming your cancelation that you will be incurring the fee. You may reach out to your professional to request that they cancel the appointment and waive the fee. However, if they are unable to accommodate your request, you will be responsible for the fee.
Frequently Asked Questions | FAQ
I canceled my appointment immediately after I booked it, will the late-cancel fee be refunded?
If you booked the appointment within 24-hours of the start time, you will be charged a fee to cancel even if you do so right after you booked it.
Can the late-cancel fee be applied to a future service?
The late-cancel or no-show fee does not apply to a future service. You may contact your professional to ask if they can accommodate a request to apply the fee to a future service.
How can I get a refund for my late-cancel or no-show fee?
StyleSeat is the tool beauty and wellness professionals use to manage their business, including charging clients so we are unable to provide refunds or stop payments on their behalf. Please reach out to your professional directly if you need to request a refund.
What if my professional did not provide a location so I was charged a fee to cancel?
Best practice is to be sure to get all of the important details about your appointment location prior to the 24-hour window so you will have time to cancel without incurring a fee in the event that there are any issues. If you feel a no-show or late-cancel fee was inappropriately processed, please contact StyleSeat Customer Service and include the following details:
- Appointment date
- Professional name
- Why you are requesting a refund
What if my pro is a no-show?
If your professional does not show up for your appointment and you are charged, please contact StyleSeat Customer Service and include the following details:
- Appointment date
- Professional name
My card does not have funds - how do I update the card to pay for fees?
If your payment declines when the NSLC fee is attempted, you can update your card by the following steps:
- Go to My Account
- Select Payment Method
- Click the + to add a new card
Will my booking fee be refunded for a late-cancel or no-show appointment?
The booking fee is not refundable for late-cancel or no-show appointments. The booking fee will only be refunded if the appointment is canceled by your professional prior to the 24-hour window preceding the appointment time.